- 12-Apr-2017 to 11-Jun-2017 (PST)
- Finance & Accounting
- Salt Lake City, UT, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account (with Match), 401K/ROTH401K/Match, Onsite Gym, Education Reimbursement, Wellness Program, Product Discounts
The SENIOR FINANCIAL ANALYST will work cross-functionally to support the Sales, Marketing and Accounting Teams supporting the organization with fact-based business information and strategies via: category management, insights to achieve objectives and move the business forward. A successful candidate will be responsible for analyzing and translating customer and category data into actionable strategies and tactics for over 25 brands sold in more than 35 countries. Specific analysis and projects will include the development of actionable insights that apply to specific customer(s) and/or general category analysis with emphasis on transaction data, internal and third-party customer POS data. Analyze and manage market, category, trends and data by channel/customers (such as, but not limited to IRI and/or Nielsen, etc.) to support decision-making in determining strategy in areas such as market opportunity, market penetration strategy, and market development.
- Proactively identify issues and opportunities, and provide value-added analysis to improve business performance.
- Provide consultation on the interpretation of data to various business partners/managers to identify the best solution for their reporting needs and create Ad hoc analytics as needed.
- Use data to tell a story. Make insights and recommendations to help acquire new customers, reduce customer attrition, and grow our revenue.
- Identify, quantify, and explore key phenomena in the data to surface general or promotional category, customer, or consumer insights.
- Work cross-functionally with marketing, sales, and consumer teams to recommend a course of action.
- Other duties may be assigned as the position evolves.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, economics, statistics, information science or similar.
- 5 plus years' experience in data analysis.
- Ability to interpret, organize and communicate complex information to senior management effectively.
- High Proficiency in Excel.
- Knowledge and familiarity with consumer insights data, including IRI and/or Nielsen.
- Strong strategic agility, quantitative reasoning, statistical analysis, and analytical/critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrating an ability to recommend and implement business opportunities based on synthesizing data.
- Flexible, motivated self-starter with attention to detail and sound business judgement.
- MBA in Accounting or Business related fields.
- 8 plus years' experience in data analysis.
- Background in manufacturing and/or CPG industries.
- Practical knowledge of SQL for data analysis.
Basic Research is a growing, award-winning company and one of the top distributors in the nutraceutical industry. You've seen our products in popular magazines. They're fully distributed nationwide everywhere from Ulta Beauty and GNC to Kohl's and Walmart. We've distributed products in 45,000 individual retail outlets in more than 35 countries worldwide and sold over 60 million products across more than 25 brands, and we have a world-renowned reputation for meticulous research, exceptional product substantiation, and unparalleled marketing expertise. At the helm of our success are two core values: contribution and respect. If you thrive in a self-directed environment where your creativity is celebrated, then we have a place for you.