- 30-Mar-2017 to 29-May-2017 (PST)
- Salt Lake City, UT, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account (with Match), 401K/ROTH401K/Match, Onsite Gym, Education Reimbursement, Wellness Program, Product Discounts
Basic Research is looking to place a creative, experienced Copywriter responsible for devising, writing and pitching advertising copy from conception to completion for an established, direct sales nutraceutical company. Our product is distributed in 45,000 individual retail outlets in more than 35 countries worldwide and we've sold over 60 million products across more than 25 brands. You will partner with Marketing, Brand Management & Creative colleagues to showcase our products' originality and success.
- Dive into the intricacies of our business in order to provide highly accurate & quality work by the required deadline.
- Craft creative, breakthrough-marketing promotions that lead the reader to a buying decision there and then.
- Ensures our brand is communicated with a consistent, unified voice, including ecommerce and marketing collateral.
- Gather pertinent information, writes creative copy, and proofreads all materials for content, clarity, grammar, spelling, etc.
- Writing responsibilities include but are not limited to brochures, press releases, newsletter, presentation and training scripts, communications via social media, and promotions.
- Cultivates a challenging, positive, productive and solution-oriented work environment based on knowledge and mutual respect.
- Assists in the preparation of the sales/marketing program and coordinates layouts with the art department.
- May assist in estimating production costs or monitoring work done by outside suppliers.
- Seeks unexpected, original and innovative ideas.
- Projects may include some technical writing as well as other duties as assigned.
- BS or BA degree in English, Journalism or Communications related field.
- 1-2 years' experience in a Marketing/Direct Sales environment.
- Working knowledge of MS-Office, especially Outlook.
- Listens to and acknowledges and responds to others in a collaborative and contribution focused manager.
- Adequately present ideas clearly and persuasively based on solid rationale; confidently ask questions to clarify expectations.
- Ability to interface at all levels of management and influence others through respect and contribution.
- Proven track record of developing industry relationships with clients and peers, vendors and business partners.
- Preferred experience in the health, dietary supplement, or skin care industries.
- Detail oriented.
- 2-5 years' experience in Marketing/Direct Sales environment.
- 1 plus years' experience using Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience translating research summaries into marketing material.
- Experience in ecommerce writing, double bonus if the writing platform was for Google Adword or Amazon.
- Working knowledge of FTC Rules & Regulations as it applies to the nutraceutical industry.
WHO WE ARE:
Basic Research is a growing, award-winning company and one of the top distributors in the nutraceuticals industry. You've seen our products in popular magazines. They're fully distributed nationwide everywhere from Ulta Beauty and GNC to Kohl's and Walmart, and we have a world-renowned reputation for meticulous research, exceptional product substantiation, and unparalleled marketing expertise. At Basic Research, two core values are at the helm of our success: contribution and respect. If you thrive in a self-directed environment where creativity is celebrated, then we have a place for you!