- 24-Mar-2017 to 23-May-2017 (PST)
- Finance & Accounting
- Salt Lake City, UT, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account (with Match), 401K/ROTH401K/Match, Onsite Gym, Education Reimbursement, Wellness Program, Product Discounts
WHAT WE DO:
Basic Research is a growing, award-winning company and one of the top distributors in the nutraceuticals industry. You've seen our products in popular magazines. They're fully distributed nationwide everywhere from Ulta Beauty and GNC to Kohl's and Walmart. We've distributed products in 45,000 individual retail outlets in more than 35 countries worldwide and sold over 60 million products across more than 25 brands, and we have a world-renowned reputation for meticulous research, exceptional product substantiation, and unparalleled marketing expertise. At Basic Research, two core values are at the helm of our success: contribution and respect. If you thrive in a self-directed environment where creativity is celebrated, then we have a place for you!
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
The Accounts Receivable Specialist will be responsible for obtaining documentation pertaining to deductions, shipping claims, interfacing with warehouse personnel to resolve issues related to product returns and shortages and contacting parties outside of the company to obtain information and documentation. The A/R specialist will be a person who demonstrates financial integrity and business ethics while driving for results and consistently improving processes. The ability to work in a highly fluid and fast-moving environment is highly preferred. Additional responsibilities include:
- Obtain documentation, research and verify deductions taken by retailers.
- Issue appropriate credit(s) per approved PCA's for deductions taken.
- Research and obtain documentation regarding shipping claims
- Tracking of products returned against RMAs issued
- Reconcile A/R accounts with customer A/P.
- Perform collection activity to resolve past due balances in a timely basis.
- Review customer allowance account balances and adjusting allowances based upon actual performance.
- Review of sales orders
- Additional responsibilities as your role expands
- Minimum 1-2 years' experience in Accounting
- Strong MS Excel skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-directed and able to work independently of supervision
- Strong organizational skills
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing duties and environments
- 2 plus years' experience in Accounting
- MAS 500 software experience
- Some college experience
- Desire to grow