- 23-Mar-2017 to 22-May-2017 (PST)
- Finance & Accounting
- Salt Lake City, UT, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account (with Match), 401K/ROTH401K/Match, Onsite Gym, Education Reimbursement, Wellness Program, Product Discounts
Basic Research is a growing, award-winning company and one of the top distributors in the weight-loss, bodybuilding, anti-aging, joint health, and skin-care industries. You've seen our products in popular magazines. They're fully distributed nationwide everywhere from Ulta Beauty and GNC to Kohl's and Walmart. We've distributed products in 45,000 individual retail outlets in more than 35 countries worldwide and sold over 60 million products across more than 25 brands, and we have a world-renowned reputation for meticulous research, exceptional product substantiation, and unparalleled marketing expertise.
We are looking for a skilled ACCOUNTS PAYABLE CLERK to provide financial, administrative and clerical support by ensuring payments are completed and expenses are controlled by receiving payments, processing, verifying and reconciling invoices according to established policies and procedures in an efficient, timely and accurate manner.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reconcile processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Charge expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports
- Monitor discount opportunities; verify federal ID numbers; resolve purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insure credit is received for outstanding memos.
- Maintain accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Verify vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Maintain historical records by scanning and filing documents.
- Report sales taxes by calculating requirements on paid invoices.
- Protect organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Compile process and maintain account payable records.
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as the position evolves.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1 - 2 years' experience in the accounting field
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel a must
- Experience with Word, Outlook preferred
- Problem solving skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Adaptability for fast paced environment
- Data entry skills
- Experience with Sage MAS500 accounting database preferred