- 13-Mar-2017 to 12-May-2017 (PST)
- Finance & Accounting
- Salt Lake City, UT, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account (with Match), 401K/ROTH401K/Match, Onsite Gym, Education Reimbursement, Wellness Program, Product Discounts
Basic Research is a growing, award-winning company and one of the top distributors in the weight-loss, bodybuilding, anti-aging, joint health, and skin-care industries. We've taken our brands into the global market and gained a world-renowned reputation for meticulous research, exceptional product substantiation, and unparalleled marketing expertise.
JOB SUMMARY: The Business Intelligence Analyst will work closely with both the IT team and business users to develop and manage company reports. The position will be responsible for extracting and analyzing raw data, and developing professional reports based on a sound understanding of report objectives, and provide concise, high-quality information, helping managers leverage it to identify and address business opportunities. This analyst will provide consultation on the interpretation of data to various business partners throughout the organization. The position demands strong knowledge of SQL Management Studio and Microsoft Visual Studio.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with Business Intelligence Director and various clients within the company to determine business requirements priorities, define key performance indicators, and develop BI and data warehouse strategy.
- Understand how data is turned into information and knowledge and how that knowledge supports and enables key business processes.
- Have in-depth understanding of business environment and interest in going above and beyond obvious in order to create information.
- Extract and analyze raw data from multiple SQL databases and source systems.
- Design Actionable reports that will establish standardized metrics
- Create Ad hoc analytics as needed by business users.
- Create ETL processes and Database elements to support the needs of reporting and analytics
- Develop intuitive and interactive visual online reports using Tableau.
- Work directly with business users and managers to identify the best solution for their reporting needs.
- Ensure accurate analyses, data integrity, and consistency of data warehouse.
- Other duties may be assigned as the position evolves.
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, economics, statistics, information science or similar.
- 2 years' data analytics and report creation experience.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2012/2014 including T-SQL stored procedures, triggers, and functions, SQL Server, Integration Services (SSIS) and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Working knowledge of MS Visual Studio Development environment, including: C#/ASP.Net, XML, HTML.
- Solid understanding of database design and data modeling in relational databases and data warehouses
- Experience optimizing databases and stored procedures and tuning performance
- High organization / detail orientation with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively function in a fast-paced IT/Business environment with critical thinking, analytic and excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work efficiently with multiple priority changes throughout the work day.
- Excellent interpersonal skills when interacting with customers and department team members.
- Working, hands-on knowledge of data warehousing and business intelligence concepts, including various forms of modeling (dimensional and relational) and warehousing strategies.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, and Access.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team